Which Countries Offer Working Holiday Visas for Canadians?

Original Post is from Global Goose, don´t miss it! It is really with it to take a look if you are a Canadian between 18 and 35 years old and want to see the world!


Canada and Australia have signed a mutual agreement that allows young Canadians between the ages of 18 and 30 to travel and work in Australia for up to 12 months. 

The fee to apply for Australian working holiday visas for Canadians is $350. You must show proof that you have a minimum of $4,792 in your bank account. Also, although the program is usually only one year, you can be granted a second year if you do three months of specified work in regional Australia.

Helpful Links:

Australian Department of Immigration – Working Holiday Visa

Seven Reasons to Do a Working Holiday in Australia


Canada and Chile have a working holiday agreement, which allows Canadians between the age of 18-35 to travel and work in Chile for 12 months. The fee for this program is $160 and you must show proof that you have $2,500 in your bank account.

Stretching across the southern half of the west coast of South America, surrounded by the Andes and the Pacific Ocean, Chile is famous for its excellent wine, absolutely mind-blowing landscapes and an ecosystem that ranges from arid desert to glacial fields and everything in between.

Helpful Links:

Apply via The Embassy of Chile in Canada


Living abroad in South Korea will be a truly memorable experience, whether you are exploring the busy urban chaos of Seoul or the peaceful countryside and beautiful mountain ranges. Of course, there is also the wonderful pleasure of Korean food, including kimchi, bulgogi, and much more.

There is a bilateral agreement that allows Canadians to travel and work in Korea for up to 12 months, as long as they are between the ages of 18 and 30. It costs $80 to participate in the program and you must show that you have at least $3,000 in your bank account.

Helpful Links:

Apply at the Embassy of Korea in Canada

Read this Vancouver Observer interview with a Canadian couple living in Korea – creators of the “Eat Your Kimchi” website


Why not say goodbye to Canada for a while and live abroad in Spain? Endless sunshine, gorgeous beaches, tall glasses of sangria, great night-life and afternoon siestas are calling you.

There are working holiday visas for Canadians available in Spain, allowing those between the ages of 18-35 to travel and work in Spain for up to 12 months. The fee to apply is $150 and you must hold $2,100 in your bank account prior to departure.

Helpful Links:

Apply for your Working Holiday Spain

My Spanish Adventure – A great blog about living abroad in Spain

At Stepabroad, we guarantee your job position and we make sure you have the easiest start to your international experience abroad! Get to know more about our Working Holiday Program and don’t hesitate to Contact us if you are thinking about applying for a Working Holiday Visa in 2016! You still have time to take your Step Abroad!!!